Learning objective 2 Review

– To use music to create an emotional atmosphere within the film

I struggled with this Objective as there was not a lot of external guidance as to what emotions I should be tapping into. Nevertheless I was able to pick out some atmospheres that were created through the performance and accent them slightly with music that portrayed similar characteristics. Through my research I was able to find music that portrayed a similar emotion that I was going for, and was also able to find useful tips on how other people create music for film and tailored their rituals towards myself. One blog talks about how they limit the amount of tracks they use so I tried the same technique and came out with sounds that I found to be extremely useful to the full product.

Through reading I was able to pick up some useful tips that helped with the creation process such as watching the film through multiple times to integrate my writing into the world that the film creates.

Overall the group approved of the music I created, which I would say means that I successfully created music that adds to, and helps to create the correct emotional atmosphere for the film.